On April 2, 2012 a project “Increasing traffic system’s capability within EE-LV-RU international importance transport corridors” / ESTLATRUS TRAFFIC was launched.
The “The EstLatRus Traffic” project of the “Estonia-Latvia-Russia” Programme is aimed at solving of the problems in the sphere of transport, logistics and communication of the border regions, which are the main areas of economic development.
The overall goal of the project is to increase the transport system’s sustainability, capability, accessibility and competitiveness of the Estonian-Latvian-Russian border region as the sphere of national interests through exchange and capacity building in visible traffic safety solutions and development of transport and road information infrastructure.
To achieve this goal on the territory of Pskov Region, the project will reconstruct some pavement sections of roads in towns of Krasnogorodsk, Pytalovo; sidewalks in Lavry village of Pechory Municipal District; lighting in Neyelovo and Solovyi villages of Pskov Municipal District, will purchase teaching equipment and will create educational parks in Krasnogodsk, Pytalovo, Neyelovo and parking areas in Piskovichi and Neyelovo of Pskov District.
- As an information campaign there are planned four international actions on road safety, publication and distribution of leaflets about traffic rules in the neighboring countries etc.
- The main expected outcome of the project is to create a network of key organizations working in the field of road safety in the border of the Russian-Latvian-Estonian territory. Hence, it will be held three-day international forum “Safe wheel”, 3 border study trips to the European laboratory on Road Safety.
- Project ESTLATRUS TRAFFIC is implemented with the participation of 14 partners from Latvia, Estonia and Russia. Lead Partner – Latvian office of Euroregion “Country of Lakes”.
- The project partners in Pskov Region are NGO “Lake Peipsi Project, Pskov”, Administrations of Pskov, Pechory, Krasnogorodsk and Pytalovo Districts.
- The total budget of the Pskov partners is 511,740 EUR. The Programme co-financing program is 90% (over 460 thousand EUR).